The Adventist Association of Family Life Professionals
The Adventist Association of Family Life Professionals (AAFLP) exists to:
- Encourage and promote excellence in family life education, research, and counseling
- Be a voice for families in the Adventist church
- Stimulate interaction and mutual encouragement between family life professionals
- Encourage the integration of the Bible and spirit of prophecy in family life education and counseling
- Inspire the highest levels of family life training and certification
- Contribute to the strengthening of families
- Bring honor to Jesus Christ
Click on the following links to find answers to your questions:
Membership categories and fees
Who can be a member?
Why should I join?
Are there any additional benefits?
Download a membership brochure
Download latest newsletter
Download a certification brochure
Membership Categories and Fees
- Student Members ($10/year):
Any student currently enrolled in family life education, research or therapy as a major or minor. This includes broad areas such as psychology, social work, and other affiliate fields relating to family life.
- Affiliate Member ($40/year):
Anyone interested in family life education research or therapy and currently active in an affiliated profession (i.e. pastors, teachers, counselors, etc.)
- Supporting Member ($40/year):
Anyone interested in family life education research or therapy.
- Regular Member ($40/year):
Anyone currently involved in family life education, research or therapy or as Conference Director of Family Ministries.
- Certified Member ($40/year):
Anyone currently meeting the certification requirements as an Adventist Family Life Educator. Certification is the suggested goal for all members. This membership group will assist in the certification process and, where possible, offer their services in training seminars and workshops.
- Church employees who are assigned Family Ministries.
- Church volunteers who wish to increase their effectiveness in Family Ministries.
- Pastors, teachers, social workers, counselors, therapists and other affiliated professions.
- Those interested in becoming certified as family life educators.
- Must be a member in good and regular standing of the Seventh-day Adventist Church or support the family ideals of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- To network with other family life professionals in the Adventist community.
- To become acquainted with the latest research, project and papers from other family life professionals.
- To provide direction for Family Ministries in the Adventist Church.
- To have your name listed in the Adventist Family Life Speakers Bureau.
- To assist the North American Division and General Conference in developing programs and strategies for Adventist families.
- To provide assistance to training organizations such as Adventist colleges, universities and institutions.
- To develop working relationships with other Christian family life professionals and organizations.
- To establish standards for Adventist family life certification.
- A 10% discount will be given to qualified spouses who wish to become AAFLP members.
- You will receive three newsletters annually, keeping you informed about the latest in Adventist Family Ministries.
- You will receive a membership certificate suitable for framing.
- Avenues open up for networking with other family life professionals, both locally and nationally.
- It will enhance your credibility and validate your experience an competence.
- Members share a common cause, receive educational and social benefits, plus acceptance and support from their peers.